First Name *
Last Name *
Crew 52 ID Number *
Phone (Your primary contact number) *
Zip Code *
Emergency Contact Name *
Emergency Contact Number *
Birthdate Must be 18 or older) *
What Regions are you willing to work?
List your Volunteer Skillsets
Days Available to volunteer?
How many hours per week can you volunteer
Areas of Interest (check your top 3)
Do you have and wish to offer a special skill (check no more than 3)
Please indicate which type of leadership role you may have interest
If you answered the previous question - Why do you want to be part of Forever 52 as a HQ Captain, an Interest Area Captain, or as a Regional Lead?
Please read carefully as this is a legal document that affects your legal rights.
THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY (the “Release”) is executed on the date below, by the undersigned volunteer (the “Volunteer”) in favor of Forever 52, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Release Parties”). The Volunteer desires to work as a volunteer for Forever 52 and engage in activities related to being a volunteer for Forever 52. The Volunteer hereby freely and voluntarily executes this Release under the following terms:
1. Waiver and Release. The Volunteer does hereby and forever release and hold harmless the Released Parties, and their successors and assigns, from any and all liability, claims, suits, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise, either directly or indirectly, as a result of the Volunteer’s activities with Forever 52. The Volunteer understands and acknowledges that this Release discharges the Released Parties from any liability or claim that the Volunteer may have against the Released Parties, including, without limitation, with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the Volunteer’s activities with Forever 52, whether caused by the actions or negligence of the Released Parties or Forever 52’s other volunteers, vendors, third parties or otherwise. The Volunteer also understands that the Released Parties do not assume any obligation to provide financial or other medical, health, or disability assistance in the event of injury or illness.
2. Medical Treatment. The Volunteer does hereby and forever release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all claims which arise or may hereafter arise as a result of any first aid or medical treatment rendered in connection with the Volunteer’s activities with Forever 52. In case of serious injury, the Volunteer gives his or her permission for Forever 52 personnel to seek medical treatment for Volunteer should it become necessary.
3. Assumption of Risk. The Volunteer understands that activities with Forever 52 may involve work that is hazardous to the Volunteer, including but not limited to participation in physically strenuous activities and transportation to and from various sites. The Volunteer understands that Forever 52 makes no representations or warranties as to the safety of volunteering. The Volunteer hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm, and releases the Released Parties from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from activities with Forever 52.
4. Insurance. The Volunteer also understands that the Released Parties do not carry or maintain medical, health, or disability insurance coverage for the Volunteer. The Volunteer is expected and encouraged to obtain his or her own medical or health insurance coverage.
5. Indemnity. The Volunteer hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties, and their successors and assigns, from and against any and all losses, liabilities, damages, judgments, fines and reasonable fees, costs, and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, suffered or incurred by the Released Parties in connection with any claims, suits, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise, either directly or indirectly, as a result of the Volunteer’s activities with Forever 52.
6. Publicity. The Volunteer hereby authorizes Forever 52 to use the Volunteer’s name, likeness and/or photo without compensation in any promotional campaigns or materials or publicity of Forever 52, its successors and assigns.
7. Confidentiality. The Volunteer acknowledges that the Volunteer is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any proprietary or privileged information of Forever 52 to which the Volunteer is exposed while serving as a volunteer.
8. At-Will Volunteer. The Volunteer acknowledges that the Volunteer is not an employee of the Released Parties and that the Volunteer is performing services for Forever 52 without being under any contract for hire, express or implied, and without receiving any remuneration for such services, unless provided for in a separate written agreement. The Volunteer acknowledges further that nothing in this Release shall obligate Forever 52 to continue to retain the Volunteer as a volunteer, and that Forever 52 has and will continue to have the absolute and unconditional right to terminate the Volunteer’s services for any reason or no reason, with or without cause or prior notice.
9. Other. The Volunteer expressly agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Minnesota, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Minnesota. The Volunteer also agrees that in the event that any provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release, which shall continue to be enforceable.
I have carefully reviewed the foregoing release and waiver of liability and fully understand its contents. I am aware that this is a release of liability, that I am waiving my right to bring legal action against Forever 52.
Please enter your initials here to indicate you have read and agree to the liability release. *
Enter today's date you initialed the liability release (MM/DD/YYYY). *